How the Moon Became Dim: Questions
- Is the Moon a planet?
- Would you rather be the Sun or the Moon?
- Are you ever afraid of the dark? What comforts you when you feel that way?
- Why does the Moon have cycles?
Check out this cool video: Moon Phases
- Where does the Moon get its light from?
- Can you find all the nocturnal animals that are in the book? How many are there?
- How does the Moon affect the Earth’s water?
- Ask your teacher or parent(s) to tell you about the lunar calendar.
- How can the Moon help sailors find their way?
- Can you try writing a poem to the Moon?
Here are two of my favorites:The Moon
by Robert Louis StevensonThe moon has a face like the clock in the hall;
She shines on thieves on the garden wall,
On streets and fields and harbour quays,
And birdies asleep in the forks of the trees.
The squalling cat and the squeaking mouse,
The howling dog by the door of the house,
The bat that lies in bed at noon,
All love to be out by the light of the moon.
But all of the things that belong to the day
Cuddle to sleep to be out of her way;
And flowers and children close their eyes
Till up in the morning the sun shall arise.Mrs Moon
by Roger McGoughMrs Moon
sitting up in the sky
little old lady
with a ball of fading light
and silvery needles
knitting the night.